Happy New Year! Today I'm posting a list of the twenty most read blogs on the Wills and Estate Planning GuideSite for the past year. Not surprising is the fact that the deaths of Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett and Steve McNair were popular topics (although Farrah just missed making the top twenty), along with information about state estate and inheritance taxes. In fact, seven of the top ten blogs are about state taxes, so I have broken down the top twenty blogs into two subdivisions:
Top Ten Blogs About State Taxes
- Understanding New Jersey Estate Taxes
- Understanding New York Estate Taxes
- Understanding New Jersey Inheritance Taxes
- Understanding Pennsylvania Inheritance Taxes
- Understanding Indiana Inheritance Taxes
- Understanding Massachusetts Estate Taxes
- Understanding Connecticut Estate Taxes
- Understanding Minnesota Estate Taxes
- Understanding Washington Estate Taxes
- Understanding Illinois Estate Taxes
Top Ten Blogs Not About State Taxes
- *When is a Federal Estate Tax Return Required to Be Filed?
- What Happens at the Reading of a Will?
- Will a Revocable Living Trust Avoid Probate?
- Reading Michael Jackson's Will Isn't a Thriller
- What Does Per Stirpes Mean?
- Are Do it Yourself Wills a Good Idea?
- Predictions About the New Federal Estate Tax Law
- Steve McNair's Estate - Who Will Get What?
- Michael Jackson's Will vs. the Michael Jackson Family Trust
- Does a Will Have to Be Probated?