It has been estimated that the royal wedding between Kate Middleton and Prince William, set to take place on April 29, is going to cost anywhere from $16 - $64 million USD (yikes! - but for the sake of comparison, the royal wedding between William's father, Charles, and Diana Spencer back in 1981 cost $48 million USD), so its probably a good thing that Kate Middleton's father, Michael Middleton, is expected to collect an inheritance from his father's estate in the very near future.
According to the Daily Mail, Ms. Middleton's paternal grandfather, Peter Middleton, at one time a Royal Air Force pilot just like Prince William, died last November at the age of 90 leaving an estate valued at a little over $1 million USD. After subtracting out debts, expenses and taxes, Michael Middleton and his three brothers are set inherit approximately $156,000 USD each. Of that amount, Ms. Middleton's parents intend to contribute £50,000 towards the royal wedding, which equates to about $80,000 USD. Apparently that will be used to pay for one flower in the bride's bouquet.
- How Much Will the Royal Wedding Cost?
- Middleton's £97k inheritance windfall to help pay for big day - please scroll down the page to read this article
- What is an Inheritance?
- What Are the Options for Paying Minor Beneficiaries Their Inheritance?
- What Are the Options for Paying Adult Beneficiaries Their Inheritance?
- How to Reduce or Even Eliminate Your Estate Tax Bill