Last week the Connecticut estate tax exemption, which increased from $2 million to $3.5 million on January 1, 2010, was retroactively reduced back down to $2 million for deaths occurring on January 1, 2011. The retroactive decrease was part of Gov. Dannell Malloy's new $40.1 billion budget that includes the largest tax increase in Connecticut history.
- Malloy signs Connecticut budget plan
- Connecticut House OKs budget, widespread tax hikes
- Connecticut's Budget Is Done, but Governor's Work Is Not
- Overview of Connecticut Estate Taxes
- State Estate Tax and Exemption Chart
- How to Reduce or Even Eliminate Your Estate Bill
- Would You Consider Moving to Avoid Estate Taxes?