The increase in the annual gift tax exclusion, National Estate Planning Awareness Week (or NEPAW for short) and lame duck estate tax moves topped the most read blogs posted in October 2012:
Top 5 Blogs Posted in October 2012
- 2013 Annual Exclusion from Gift Taxes Increases to $14,000
- National Estate Planning Awareness Week Begins on October 15
- Estate Tax and Other Tax Decisions Left Up to the Lame Ducks, Uncertainty Will Linger For Years to Come
- What is Traditional Estate Planning, and Why Doesn't It Work Anymore?
- Hot Off the Press! - Advising the Elderly Client
Meanwhile, the most read blogs in October 2012 that were posted at any time were not exactly the same as those that were the most read in September 2012:
Top 5 Blogs in October 2012 Posted at Any Time
- 2011 Gift Tax Exclusion - Annual Exclusion vs. Lifetime Exemption
- 2012 Annual Exclusion From Gift Taxes Remains Unchanged
- Ronni Chasen's Estate Teaches Two Valuable Estate Planning Lessons
- Steve McNair's Estate Demands Money From His Mother
- When is a Federal Estate Tax Return Required to be Filed?