Here you will find quick links to information about the wills, trusts, estates and estate plans of famous as well as infamous sports figures and how estate planning and estate taxes affect professional athletes as well as the owners of professional sports franchises.
There is certainly a lot that can be learned about estate planning from celebrities, whether they have a good estate plan, a bad estate plan, or no estate plan at all.
MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL - MLB
- Death, Estate Taxes and Major League Baseball - Houston Astros Go on the Market to Plan for Estate Taxes
Los Angeles Dodgers
- Dodger Blues - Be Careful of What You Tell Your Estate Planning Attorney
- Beware of What You Tell Your Estate Planning Attorney - The Sequel
- Can One Word Change the Meaning of Your Estate Plan?
- Do You and Your Spouse Need Your Own Estate Planning Attorneys?
- Will George Steinbrenner's Death Bring Back the Federal Estate Tax Retroactively?
- George Steinbrenner's Will and Codicil Filed With Probate Court
- George Steinbrenner's Estate - Follow the Probate Court Proceedings Here
NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION - NBA
NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE - NFL
Kansas City Chiefs
- Irrevocable Trust Fund Set Up For Benefit of Daughter of Kansas City Chief Jovan Belcher
- Custody and Estate Battle Brewing Over Daughter of NFL Linebacker Jovan Belcher
- End is in Sight for Custody Battle Over Infant Daughter of NFL Linebacker Jovan Belcher
- Judge Chooses a Guardian for Daughter of Jovan Belcher, Have You Chosen One for Your Minor Children?
- Death, Taxes and NFL Football - Steve McNair Dies Without a Will
- Steve McNair's Estate - Who Will Get What?
- Update on Steve McNair's Estate - Inventory Filed, Probate Estate Valued Near $20 Million
- Mechelle McNair Asks Probate Court for Over $3.7 Million to Pay Estate Tax Bills
- Steve McNair's Estate - Murder Investigation Will Not Be Reopened
- The State of Disarray of Steve McNair's Estate One Year After His Death
- An Update on Steve McNair's Estate - Heirs to Receive $2.5 Million Distribution
- Steve McNair's Estate Demands Money From His Mother
- Death, Estate Taxes and NFL Football - Which Team is Going on the Market to Plan for Estate Taxes?
- Family Wrongfully Collected Pension of NFL Player Who Died in 1994
- Death, the Future of Estate Taxes, and NFL Football
- Death, Estate Taxes, and the Pittsburgh Steelers - Go Steelers!
- Death, Estate Taxes, and the Super Bowl - Go Steelers!
- Death, Estate Taxes, and the Pittsburgh Steelers - The Rooneys Make a Deal
St. Louis Rams
San Diego Chargers
- Death, Estate Taxes and NFL Football - Selling Philip Rivers Down the River to Plan for Estate Taxes
- Minority Interest in San Diego Chargers Will Not Be Sold to Plan for Estate Taxes
OTHER SPORTS RELATED INFORMATION
Under Armour - Kevin Plank